Kite WOO+GPS App
The instructions below are for the Kite WOO+GPS App for Garmin Watches
The buttons below are valid for Fenix and Forerunner watches.
Bluetooth SDK required
This app requires the Bluetooth SDK from Garmin. For the Fenix series, those are watches from Garmin Fenix 5 PLUS and upwards.
On the data screens, a short press accesses the following functions:
Exit session allows you to:
- Save & Exit the app
- Pause Session
- Discard & Exit the app (this will not save GPS to Garmin Connect IQ)
- Cancel (return to app)
On the data screens, a long press accesses the following functions:
- Switch WOO
- Reset Connection
- Background (black / white)
- Jump & Distance units (system / metric / imperial)
- Speed units (system / km/h / mph / knots / m/s)
- Ignore jumps under (x m / x ft)
- Vibrate on jump (on / off)
- Enable GPS & record activity (on / off)
- GPS mode (GPS + GLONASS / GPS + GALILEO / GPS only)
- App version (info only)
GLONASS / GALILEO
Short for Global Navigation Satellite System, GLONASS is a Russian satellite-based navigation system that works alongside GPS (Global Positioning System) to provide position information to compatible devices. With an additional 24 satellites to utilize, GLONASS compatible receivers can acquire satellites up to 20% faster than devices that rely on GPS alone.
On December 15th 2016 the European Commission announced that the European satellite system Galileo will start offering its initial services. Over the next few years Galileo will increase the number of satellites from the existing 18 to the full operational capacity of 30 satellites.
Updated 13 days ago