Have a mount ready for every board in your quiver. Attach the adhesive mounts to your board, then clip in your WOO and go ride! We've designed the mount to be as simple as possible. Simply place your WOO in the mount, safely secure your WOO with the rubber O-rings, and you'll be ready to ride! It's a matter of seconds with this low-key, easy to use mount!
The long side of the WOO should follow the long side of your board, so that it’s PARALLEL to the board (not perpendicular).
BUTTON TO RIGHT FOOT
Independent if you’re a Regular or Goofy rider, the button on the WOO should ALWAYS face your RIGHT foot! We use the orientation of the WOO for correct Stance and Trick Detection. Set your stance in the WOO Sports App and the WOO knows if you did a trick in your normal stance (Regular / Goofy), or if you did it switch (SW).
Every WOO comes with an adhesive mount that's used to attach the sensor to your board. For maximum accuracy, the sensor needs to be placed in the center of the board with the long edge parallel to the long edge of the board:
To attach the mount:
- Start by identifying the center of your board. You’ll want to place the mount on the center of your board, running parallel with the rail. For kiteboards, if you use a grab handle, place your WOO so you can still use your handle (we recommend just to the side of the handle - still in the "middle" but slightly to one side.
- Use the alcohol swab provided to clean the center of your board and let the board dry.
- Remove the backing from the WOO Mount and place on the center of the board. Press firmly to make sure it’s solidly attached. Make sure the BUTTON of the WOO is facing your RIGHT FOOT.
- For best results, let the mount set overnight before riding.
Q: What if my mount doesn't look like the ones pictured?
A: You might have a Frequent Flyer Mount, the previous standard mount. Frequent Flyer Mounts are compatible with all WOO sensors.
Q: Why does my WOO need a mount? Can't I just wear it on my body?
A: The WOO is designed to start calculating jumps based on your board's vibration. When the board leaves the water, the WOO will start measuring your acceleration and rotation. As a result, the sensor needs accurate vibrational feedback which can only come from being mounted flat on the center of the board. If you put your WOO on the tail of the board, if you mount it on top of something else on your board, or if you wear it on your body it will not produce accurate data and therefore can't be trusted as a tool for competition with other riders around the world!
Q: How do I remove a mount?
A: Our mounts use 3M VHB tape which is an industrial grade adhesive that is commonly used as a substitute for screws, rivets, welds, and other similar fasteners. As a result it is extremely difficult to remove, but not impossible! Removing your WOO mount:
· Take your WOO out of the mount
· Apply heat to the top of the mount with a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the adhesive (be careful not to apply too much heat directly to the board since it could damage the topsheet)
· Stick a knife in the layer of adhesive between the mount and the board and gradually work it free
· This will leave a thin layer of adhesive that can easily be peeled off by hand
Be careful not to damage your board when using the knife! Keep it flush against the surface of the board and try to avoid using something with a sharp tip
Updated about 1 month ago